The following protocols are developed for the Research and Conservation Department at Denver Botanic Gardens, but may be used as general guidelines for similar research projects or programs.
- Making fungal observations using iNaturalist for the Colorado Mycoflora Project
- Stains and Reagents for Mycology. By Ed Lubow.
- Using the Mycology Collections Portal (MycoPortal) to reference collections.
- Accessioning Specimens in the Sam Mitchel Herbarium of Fungi
- Else Vellinga’s Glossary of Macroscopic and Microscopic features of Macrofungi. From Flora Agaricina Neerlandica 1.
This section is a work in progress. Please return periodically to find more protocols and instructions in everything from collecting specimens in the field, to DNA extraction and sequencing.